Monday, May 9, 2011

Read all about it!

I posted this DIY newspaper print nail trick on Friday, decided to try it last night, and love it!! I've gotten so many compliments and it was relatively easy. Here's what you do:

- Paint nails a neutral color (I used an Essie polish whose name I have since forgotten). I did two coats. You must wait for your nails to dry completely, or else the newspaper will stick to it.
- Tear out a page of newspaper, and rip into smaller pieces a little bigger than the size of your nail
- Dip pieces of paper into rubbing alcohol (the blog post I read, said to dip into vodka, but I didn't have any on hand...swear I dunno what happened to it...).
- After dipping, press firmly onto your nail for at least 10 seconds, but as I discovered, not more than 20 seconds or pieces of paper will stick to your nail. Try to keep the paper in one place, or the print will smudge.
- Coat with a top coat.


Oddly enough, this newspaper article that I cut out had my boyfriend's name on it, so being the creepy girlfriend that I am, I put him on my thumb...
Next time, I want to find various fun words to add to my nails, and maybe see if I can get some color and different fonts too! Oh ya I love nails! Nails Nails Nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment