Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Picnic perfect

There are few things that I love more than dining al fresco. I just love it. And I'm obsessed with outdoor summertime concerts and movies where you can bring your own picnic and draaank; some of my local faves include: Doheny Blues Festival, Sunset Serenades in Laguna Beach (Fridays), classic movie and a picnic at Chapman University (Fridays), concerts at the pier in Santa Monica (Thursdays), concerts in the park at Hart Park in Orange (Wednesdays)- the list goes on and on. Just a few weekends ago, Adri, George, Bellie, Kevin and I had an awesome dinner outside by candelight, and it was perfection. It seems that in this day and age, we eat just to fuel ourselves, rushing through it and not taking time to enjoy it. I'm guilty of eating breakfast in my car on my way to work :/ This is why picnics and dining outside, away from the tv and with time to enjoy eachother's company, are perfect. They force us to slow down, and stop to smell the wine and cheese.


via here and here


Food and drinks:
My go-to picnic food always includes a variety of the following:
- Wine
- Cheese
- Crackers
- Some type of meat (prosciutto, turkey sammies, etc.)
- Something sweet. Duh.


Some recipes I want to try for my next picnic outing:


- Strawberry mint sangria!!


- Marinated figs with brie


- These awesome sammies



via here and here

Materials:


I always seem to forget something.


- Blanket


- Cups


- Utensils


- Plates and nappies


- WINE OPENER (I've forgotten this more often than not)



- A mini table or long tray to hold and serve everything (makes it so so much easier)


I posted this picnic basket last week, but I can't get over it. I wantitneeditgottahaveit.




Outfit:
The comfier, the better. I prefer shorts or a long comfy maxi dress. Don't forget that sweater for night time shows!


via



Me sneaking wine into cups while picnic-ing in Santa Monica with Kev.


Happy al fresco dining, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment