Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebrating mom

How do they do it, these moms of ours? I feel like if I had a kid of my own right now, I'd probably ruin it or break it somehow. Does it just, happen? Who teaches you what to do? Like one second you're a selfish 23 year old spending all of your money and time on happy hours and new bangles, then you have a baby and you're automatically this awesome, selfless, magical mom? Especially my mom who had me at 18. You know what I was doing at 18? I was walking around school in costumes and with glitter on my face, scrambling to find $8 for the movies, and sitting in the Del Taco parking lot with ma homies at 2am daring eachother to suck down packets el fuego hot sauce; motherhood couldn't be further from my mind. So how the heck did my mom just give up her life at such a young age and turn into this incredible mom?

I can't even begin to express what she means to me; she's become my best friend and I have no idea what I'd do without her. She's taught me more about life than any teacher or book could. She's the hardest-working and most selfless person that I know, and every time I'm with her, I feel so blessed that she's in my life. I can't wait to celebrate her this weekend, and every day. I hope you and your ma get some good quality time together too! Happy Friday!

And a few faves from around the web:

- This awesome DIY color block pouch, and I mean AWESOME.
- Speaking of DIY, these nails are so cool!!
- A little Rachel Bilson perfection.
- Annnnd yet another DIY; hoping to get my artsy sister to make this bracelet for me...
- A house that I'm looking into buying.
- I'd take baths every single day if I had this darling bathroom and tub.
- Ring ring for me me.
- Great mother's day brunch menu.
- Such great heights.
- And a little Kanye for mom.

Have a great weekend, peeps. (and feel better, Krystina!)

No comments:

Post a Comment