Friday, December 10, 2010

What made you happy today?

I stumbled upon this awesome new blog today, in which the blogger photographs random people on the street and asks them "what made you happy today?" Everyone's answers are obviously very different, and reading them made me smile. I feel like so many people (myself included) complain about the most petty things so often, and we rarely stop to think about what little things can make us happy. I started a "today I'm thankful for..." journal a couple of months back, in which I try (but often fail) to write down one thing per day that I'm thankful for. I keep this in a little moleskin which stays in my purse, and I often look at it when I'm feeling blue. Below are a few things that make me happy today (and every day, actually).

Watching my little sister grow up. She's just about the greatest little thing to ever happen to me.
My parents' undying, inspiring, and beautiful love.

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

No comments:

Post a Comment